ISO 50001:2018 CERTIFICATION
ISO 50001:2018 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and improving an energy management system, with the goal of allowing an organisation to take a systematic approach to improving energy performance, such as energy efficiency, energy use, and consumption, on a continuous basis. The standard’s main goal is to assist companies in reducing their energy consumption so that their energy expenditures and greenhouse gas emissions are lowered on a continuing basis.
ISO 50001:2018 applies to any organisation wishing to ensure that it complies with its stated energy policy and to demonstrate this to others, with conformity confirmed either through self-evaluation and self-declaration of conformity, or through external certification of the energy management system.
ISO 50001 provides the specifications for an organization's energy management system (EnMS).
• Create a policy on energy.
• After reviewing past and current energy use statistics, do an energy review.
• Determine the importance of energy utilisation.
• Establish design and procurement practises for significant energy usage equipment, systems, processes, and employees.
• Establish goals, targets, and action plans for energy management.
• Determine the legal and other requirements that apply to the use of Significance Energy.
• In terms of energy intensity, ISO 50001 does not provide defined performance criteria. ISO 50001 can be used on its own or in conjunction with other management systems.